Unsure where to find the best Fort Worth kid’s activities and spaces? As a local Fort Worth family, we can help guide you through the cream of the crops when it comes to leaving a beaming smile on your band of bandits’ faces at the end of the day.
A beautiful urban jungle infused with a real “yee-haw” energy, Fort Worth is the perfect place to get in touch with your inner cowboy. With a magnificent mix of modern and historical things to do in Fort Worth, you’ll have a blast discovering its down-to-earth charm in full throttle.
Let’s get started on our family’s favorite Fort Worth Kids Activities!
Things To Do in Fort Worth With Kids
From culture-infused activities to adrenaline-fuelled adventures, Fort Worth has a kaleidoscope of things to keep your family busy. Take a look at the top Fort Worth children’s excursions to ensure an unforgettable trip to this Texan gem:
Playstreet Fort Worth
Playstreet Museum is one of our favorite things to do in Fort Worth with toddlers. This charming interactive museum is sure to inspire city planners and mayors of the future. Play Street Museum is a mini-city made for crafting memories.
Playstreet Museum features several exhibits including a grocery store, a doctor’s office, a fire station, a construction site, and a farm. Children can explore and play in each exhibit, learning about different professions and how things work in the real world.
The museum also offers educational programs and special events throughout the year. It’s a great place for families to spend a day together and for children to learn through play.
All the areas within the vicinity are finely crafted to provide a fun experience for your kids and create a mind-stimulating experience.
Whether sensory play or diversity awareness activities, this museum makes the perfect soil for creating exceptional humans.
Find hours and locations of PlayStreet Museums here.
Fort Worth Log Cabin Village
Travel back in time to the humble living conditions of 19th-century Texas featuring several historic log cabins that have been preserved and restored to their original condition.
Visitors can explore the cabins and learn about pioneer life in Texas during the 1800s. This living-history village also features a blacksmith shop, a one-room schoolhouse, a smokehouse, a gristmill, and a beautiful winding herb garden. There is also a cabin where kids can pump water into buckets, and collect faux chicken eggs in the hen house and garden.
Log Cabin Village offers guided tours and educational programs for visitors of all ages. It’s a great place to learn about Texas history and experience what life was like for early settlers in the region. And the grounds are absolutely beautiful
With the warm glow of the blacksmith shop and a demonstration of simple living in the log cabins, your kids will be sure to find a new appreciation for modern inventions. This kid-friendly thing to do in Fort Worth also has pioneer presenters for your family to get into the Texan spirit fully.
Find more information, hours, and location to Log Cabin Village here.
Small Towns in Texas: Escape the big cities of Texas and discover the charm of quaint small towns in Texas. With cottages, wineries, and boutique shopping, these texas towns are worth the visit here.
Fort Worth Stockyards
This is our family’s favorite spot in Fort Worth and love taking family and friends to the Stockyards while in town. A historical attraction filled with cattle and cultural significance, the Fort Worth Stockyards is a must for families looking to experience a quintessential Western experience.
There are so many things to do in the Fort Worth Stockyards with kids is a great place for kids to experience the history and culture of Texas. Here are some activities that kids can enjoy:
- Cattle Drive: Kids can watch the daily cattle drive that takes place twice a day, where cowboys drive a herd of longhorn cattle down the streets of the Stockyards.
- Rodeo: The Stockyards has a weekly rodeo that kids can watch, featuring bull riding, barrel racing, and other exciting events.
- Petting Zoo: Kids can visit the petting zoo and interact with farm animals such as goats, sheep, and donkeys.
- Cowboy Museum: The Stockyards has a Cowboy Museum that kids can visit to learn about the history of cowboys and the cattle industry in Texas.
- Horseback Riding: Kids can go on a horseback ride through the Stockyards and experience what it’s like to be a cowboy or cowgirl.
- Western Wear Shopping: The Stockyards has several stores that sell Western wear, including cowboy hats, boots, and clothing. Kids can try on different outfits and take pictures.
- Train Rides: jump on the yellow Stockyards train for a bumpy ride down Main Street.
- Bull Riding: Take a spin on a “bull” and see if your kiddos can last 8 seconds on a bucking Stockyards bull.
Things to do in the Fort Worth Stockyards: A guide from locals on what to do in the Fort Worth Stockyards! It is our favorite part of north Texas and you will love it too! Find the guide HERE!
Cheeky Monkey Fort Worth
The Cheeky Monkey is a whimsical and fun thing to do with kids in Fort Worth. This indoor play area will have your children going bananas.
From the creative flair of the Arts and Craft Garden to the open gym area for some prime playtime with newly found friends, this establishment knows that fun comes in many forms. With fully trained staff members with First Aid qualifications on the premises, you’ll be able to relax knowing your cherished bundles of joys are in capable hands.
Tip: This space caters to children in various stages of their development (from 10 months to 7 years). So, Cheeky Monkey is an excellent choice if you’re looking for things to do in Fort Worth with toddlers.
Find more information about Cheeky Monkey Fort Worth here.
Cowgirl Hall of Fame & Museum
The Cowgirl Hall of Fame & Museum is one the best and most fun things to do in Fort Worth for kids. This colorful and interactive museum honors and celebrates the contributions of women to the American West.
This unique museum features exhibits and artifacts showcasing the lives and accomplishments of cowgirls, ranchers, rodeo performers, and other women who made significant contributions to the Western way of life.
Visitors can explore the museum’s galleries and learn about the history of women in the West through interactive exhibits, films, and displays. The museum also features a research library and archives that contain a wealth of information about the women who helped shape the American West.
In addition to its exhibits, the Cowgirl Hall of Fame and Museum hosts a variety of educational programs and events throughout the year, including lectures, workshops, and family-friendly activities. It’s a great destination for anyone interested in learning about the history of women in the West and their contributions to American culture.
Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
Looking for an interactive space that will show your children the fun of learning? This educational sanctuary is one of the best Fort Worth museums for kids to discover what makes the heart such a magical and interesting place.
The Fort Worth Science and History Museum is peppered with activities to tickle your kid’s brain, from digging up fossils to playing doctor in the Children’s Museum area. By creating a safe space for children to explore what they’re passionate about, the Fort Worth Science Museum might assist in stoking the fires of future professions.
After running around to visit all the exciting exhibits, you can head to the Stars Café to fuel up after a long day (a snack for the kids and a much-needed coffee for the adults).
Find more information on hours, location, and programming for kids here.
Sundance Square is a vibrant entertainment district located in downtown Fort Worth, Texas. While it’s mostly known for its nightlife and shopping, there are several activities that kids can enjoy in the area. Here are some of them:
- Sundance Square Plaza: The plaza is a large public space that hosts events and concerts throughout the year. Kids can run around and play in the fountain lit at night or on a hot Texas day.
- Sid Richardson Museum: The museum features a collection of Western art, including paintings, sculptures, and artifacts. Kids can learn about the history and culture of the American West.
- The Palace Theatre: The historic theatre hosts family-friendly movies and shows throughout the year. Kids can enjoy a classic movie or a live performance.
Fort Worth Botanical Garden
A green space filled with nature activities and flower species to admire, these lush plains are a great option if you’re looking for outdoor activities in Fort Worth. The Fort Worth Botanical Garden presents various educational excursions for adults and kids to enjoy nature in all its magical splendor.
From storytime with nature-filled fairytales to various family workshops available year-round, you’ll be sure to leave this slice of heaven in Fort Worth.
Take the time to wander around the various flower collections on the premises, such as the enchanting rose garden and the blooming orchid collection.
Find more information on the beautiful Fort Worth Botanical Garden here.
The Foundry District-Inspiration Alley
Inspiration Alley is located in the Foundry District, which is a vibrant and creative community in Fort Worth, Texas. This unique district is home to a variety of artists, designers, and entrepreneurs who are dedicated to promoting and celebrating the arts.
The alley itself is a colorful outdoor art gallery that features a diverse range of murals and street art. Inspiration Alley is a fun Fort Worth family activity to get some great photos of your adventures.
In addition to the art, the Foundry District is also home to a variety of shops, restaurants, and businesses. You and the kids can hop on an electric bike and explore. Visitors can explore the district’s unique boutiques, grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants or attend one of the many events that take place throughout the year.
Inspiration Alley is located at: 200 Carroll Street Fort Worth Texas
Ready to experience the marvelous madness of KidMania? One of the most fun Fort Worth activities for kids is catered for all who tread on its trailblazing trails, KidMania is the place if you want your kids to work off those extra bouts of energy.
From the winding paths of mazes to the chimes of games being won at the arcade, this fun kid place in Fort Worth is a sensory overload in the best way. You’ll be able to enjoy a slice of peace and quest at the adult-only observation deck while your kiddies have a wonderful time close by.
Find more information on KidMania here.
Trinity Park & Trails
Trinity Park is a large public park located in Fort Worth offering a variety of activities for kids and families.
Here are some of the things that kids can enjoy at Trinity Park:
- Playground: Trinity Park has a large playground with swings, slides, and climbing structures. It’s a great place for kids to run around and play.
- Trinity River: The park is located along the Trinity River, which offers opportunities for fishing, kayaking, and paddleboarding. Kids can explore the river and see wildlife such as turtles and fish.
- Trails: The Trinity Trails system is a network of over 70 miles of trails that wind along the Trinity River. It’s a great way to get some exercise and enjoy the beautiful scenery. If you’re up for a challenge, check out the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge, which has over 20 miles of hiking trails through forests, prairies, and wetlands.
Find more information on the parks, trails and maps of Trinity Park here.
Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge
The Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge is a 3,621-acre nature preserve located in Fort Worth, Texas. This refuge is one of the top Fort Worth kids activities that the entire family will enjoy.
Here are some of the things that kids can enjoy at the Nature Center and Refuge:
- Hiking: The Nature Center and Refuge have several miles of hiking trails that are great for kids of all ages. Kids can explore the natural beauty of the area and see wildlife such as bison, deer, and birds.
- Canoeing and Kayaking: The park has several waterways that are great for canoeing and kayaking. Kids can paddle through the water and see the wildlife up close.
- Wildlife Viewing: The Nature Center and Refuge is home to a variety of wildlife, including bison, deer, bobcats, and coyotes. Kids can see the animals in their natural habitat and learn about their behaviors and habits.
- Educational Programs: The Nature Center and Refuge offer several educational programs for kids, including nature hikes, animal encounters, and nature crafts. These programs are designed to be fun and interactive and help kids learn about the natural world.
Finding more information on the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge here.
Topgolf Fort Worth
Topgolf is a popular entertainment venue is one of the best family activities in Fort Worth, Topgolf offers a unique golfing experience for all ages. Here are some of the things that kids can enjoy at Topgolf:
- Golfing: Topgolf features a driving range with microchipped golf balls that score themselves. Kids can hit the balls and try to score points by aiming for different targets.
- Games: Topgolf has several games that kids can play, including TopPressure and TopScramble. These games are designed to be fun and interactive, and they help kids improve their golfing skills.
- KidZone: The KidZone is a special area designed just for kids. It features games, activities, and crafts that are geared toward younger children.
- Food and Drinks: Topgolf has a full-service restaurant and bar that serves a variety of food and drinks. Kids can enjoy a meal or a snack while they play.
- Parties and Events: Topgolf is a great place to host a birthday party or other special event. They offer party packages that include food, drinks, and games.
Overall, Topgolf is a fun and exciting destination for kids of all ages. It’s a great way to introduce kids to the game of golf and one of the best Fort Worth kids activities for families to enjoy food, fun, and entertainment.
Find hours, locations, and information on TopGolf here.
Located in the charming Trinity Park, this lively place is an excellent way for kids to enjoy the simple pleasures of using their imaginations on the playground. Dream Park is proud to cater to children with all abilities, as every child deserves to experience the wondrous world of engaging with their fellow comrades in a fun setting.
Read more about Dream Park Fort Worth here.
Forest Park Miniature Railroad
All aboard on the railway adventure express, as the Forest Park Miniature Railroad will have you chugging away in no time. With a five-mile journey making its way into the green pastures of Trinity Park, you and your little ones will have plenty of sights to see on your journey.
This fun thing to do in Fort Worth is a great way to slow down and enjoy nature in a peaceful ride along its bountiful beauty.
Find more information about the Forest Park Minature Railroad here.
Fort Worth Kids Activities Wrap-Up!
Fort Worth is a tight-knit community, and there are lots of events that bring people together. From neighborhood block parties to city-wide festivals, there’s always something to do. My family loves going to the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo every year – it’s a great way to experience the local culture.
While corralling your handful of kiddie critters on vacation can be tricky, this city has a fantastic array of activities and adventures to tire out your team.
Fort Worth kids activities and attractions are catered to give you a breather while creating an enriching experience for your children at the same time. Get your cowboy boots and sense of adventure ready – you’re in for a rootin’ tootin’ time in Fort Worth.
Please Pin Below Fort Worth Kids Activities to Pinterest!
This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission if a qualified link is used at no cost or obligation to you ever. Additionally, I am an Amazon Affiliate Partner. I may receive a commission if a qualifying link is used.