Santa Fe is known for its rich history, vibrant culture, and stunning natural landscapes. It is a popular travel destination for people from all over the world, and there are many hotels and resorts in the area that envelop you in the whole experience of Santa Fe. Out of any destination I have been to, Santa Fe hotels stay true to the location, culture, and ambiance.
My daughter and husband live in Santa Fe and these are their top recommendations, including where I stayed for their wedding. We will be recommending the best hotels Santa Fe that offer exceptional accommodations, locations, and amenities for travelers.
Instead of overwhelming you with a million options, we have narrowed it down to the very best so you can take the stress out of planning your trip.
One of the most popular and historic hotels in Santa Fe is the La Fonda on the Plaza, which is located in the heart of the city’s historic district. La Fonda on the Plaza has been in operation for over 100 years and is known for its elegant Southwestern decor, luxurious guest rooms, and top-notch service. Plus, it is steps away from Old Town Santa Fe and all its attractions.
Other popular hotels in the area include the Inn and Spa at Loretto, which is situated near the famous Santa Fe Opera and offers a full-service spa, and the Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado, which is located just outside of the city and provides guests with stunning views and a relaxed getaway in the surrounding mountains and valleys.
Best Santa Fe Hotels
Santa Fe hotels base their accommodations on rich cultural heritage, stunning architecture, and breathtaking landscapes. Whether you’re looking for a luxurious escape or a budget-friendly stay, Santa Fe has a variety of hotels to choose from.
Here are some of the best Santa Fe hotels:
Best Places To Stay in Santa Fe
Luxury Hotels Santa Fe New Mexico
- Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi: This is my daughter and husband’s honeymoon hotel and it is our top pick for a luxurious hotel. Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi is the best luxury hotel in Santa Fe. It is located in the heart of Santa Fe and offers guests a unique blend of modern luxury amenities and traditional Southwestern charm. Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi features 58 well-appointed rooms with optional fireplaces, room service, a full-service spa, and an award-winning restaurant.
- La Posada de Santa Fe: La Posada de Santa Fe, A Tribute Portfolio Resort & Spa is a lavish 4.5-star hotel situated in the Historic Eastside of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Being the only full-service resort in downtown Santa Fe, spread across six acres, and is just a few steps away from downtown Santa Fe and Santa Fe Plaza. The luxurious casita-style rooms are equipped with free Wi-Fi, plush bedding, and features like cozy fireplaces, private patios, and garden views. Enjoy Spa Sage at La Posada de Santa Fe Resort & Spa, to indulge in a deep-tissue massage, body scrub, or body treatment.
- Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado: This luxury Santa Fe hotel, Four Seasons Resort, is nestled in the foothills of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains and offers guests stunning views and unparalleled luxury. Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado is a luxurious mountain getaway that features 65 well-appointed rooms, impeccable service, a full-service spa, and an on-site restaurant. When you stay at the Four Seasons, you know you are in for a luxurious and catered stay.
- Bishops Lodge Auberge Resorts Collection. Bishop’s Lodge, an Auberge Resorts Collection property, is a luxurious resort nestled in the foothills of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Originally built in the early 1900s as a private residence, the property has been transformed into a stunning retreat that seamlessly blends modern amenities with historic charm. Travelers to Santa Fe can choose from a variety of accommodations, including casitas, bunkhouses, suites, and private villas, each offering breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. Bishop’s Lodge Resort features a kids club, a world-class spa, a fitness center, and outdoor activities such as hiking, horseback riding, and fly fishing. Dining options include a farm-to-table restaurant and a cozy bar with a fireplace. Bishop’s Lodge Resort is the perfect destination for those seeking a luxurious getaway in the serene and picturesque setting of Santa Fe.
Best Budget-Friendly Hotels Santa Fe
- Hotel St. Francis. My family and I stayed at Hotel St. Francis and it’s beautiful. Depending on your travels to Santa Fe, this is a fantastic budget-friendly option. Hotel St. Francis is a historic hotel located in the heart of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Hotel St. Francis was originally built in 1924 and has since been restored to its original Pueblo Revival style and engulfs Santa Fe culture. This Santa Fe hotel is steps from downtown and is a convenient choice for exploring the city’s many attractions, including the Santa Fe Plaza, the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, and the Santa Fe Opera.
- Inn of the Governors: This charming Santa Fe hotel is one of the most popular and best hotels in Santa Fe for the budget-friendly traveler. The Inn of the Governors features beautiful traditionally decorated rooms, a heated outdoor pool, and a complimentary breakfast. It’s near Loretto Chapel, Canyon Road, Santa Fe Plaza, and cultural attractions.
- Old Santa Fe Inn: The Old Santa Fe Inn is a charming boutique hotel located in the heart of downtown Santa Fe. Old Santa Fe Inn is surrounded by adobe-style buildings and is near the city’s best and historic attractions. Old Santa Fe Inn offers a warm, unique blend of modern amenities and traditional Southwestern hospitality, providing guests with a truly authentic Santa Fe experience. With its prime location and warm hospitality, the Old Santa Fe Inn is the perfect destination for anyone looking to experience the charm and beauty of Santa Fe.
Best Santa Fe Hotels-Considerations
Santa Fe is a city filled with history, art, and culture. It is one of the most culturally proud towns we have ever been to. It’s absolutely stunning with its warm southwestern charm. Santa Fe has been an increasingly popular tourist destination, and as such, there are many hotels to choose from. When it comes to choosing the best hotel, location, and accessibility are key factors to consider.
Santa Fe is highly walkable if you are in the right hotel, and it is highly drivable too. Near the downtown area, parking is a little more difficult but doable.
Many of the best hotels in Santa Fe, especially the ones we listed are located within walking distance of the Santa Fe Plaza. Visitors can easily explore the shops, restaurants, and museums that surround the Plaza.
We hope you enjoy your stay in this charming town. It truly is magical. See more guides below for Santa Fe.
Santa Fe Guides
Old Town Santa Fe. A guide to the charming historic downtown area of Santa Fe. What to do, see and explore in the second-oldest city in America HERE.
Loretta Chapel. This historic chapel is Santa Fe’s most iconic landmark and is renowned for its stunning spiral staircase, which is said to have been constructed by a mysterious carpenter in the late 1800s. The spiral staircase is a true work of art, with no visible means of support and a design that is both intricate and beautiful. Find the Loretta Chapel blog post HERE.
Hotel St. Francis: Experience Santa Fe in a beautiful historic hotel downtown. Find the guide to Hotel St. Francis HERE.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission if a qualified link is used at no cost or obligation to you ever. Additionally, I am an Amazon Affiliate Partner. I may receive a commission if a qualifying link is used.